In the sub-project A05 at the Institute of Flight Guidance you will further develop a flight dynamics model (github.com/iff-gsc) in MATLAB®-Simulink®. The focus will on the interaction of a distributed propulsion system with the aircraft wing and an uncertainty quantification of the modelling. For the new highly integrated aircraft, the flight dynamic characteristics and the handling qualities shall by analysed, especially with regard to the distributed propulsion system and thrust vectoring.
Your path to a doctorate in an interdisciplinary and cross-location research team will be accompanied by an integrated research training group. New forms of collaboration will emerge through the concept of "New Work".
Make a Difference
- You will carry out research in the collaborative research centre on the topic flight dynamics models and handling qualities
- You will publish research findings and participate in national and international conferences
- You will be involved in teaching at the University by supervision of students’ work
- Master’s degree or equivalent in mechanical, aeronautic or electrical engineering
- Strong oral and written communication skills and good knowledge of the English language
- You are enthusiastic about actively working on the challenge of climate-neutral flying and are open to work in an interdisciplinary, cross-location team
- You are aiming for a doctorate
- Pay in accordance with the collective agreement TV-L, pay grade 13, depending on the assignment of tasks and fulfilment of personal requirements.
- A special payment at the end of the year as well as a supplementary benefit in the form of a company pension, comparable to a company pension in the private sector.
- Interesting and diverse tasks in a pleasant working atmosphere with a friendly and motivated team that works closely together across the locations.
- A workplace that is basically suitable for part-time work, although the position is to be filled full-time, as well as flexible working and part-time options and a family-friendly university culture, awarded the “Family-friendly university” audit since 2007.
- A wide range of continuing education and company health care programmes as well as a vibrant campus life in an international atmosphere.
With around 17,000 students and 3,800 employees, Technische Universität Braunschweig is the largest Institute of Technology in northern Germany. We are known for our strategic and performance-oriented thinking and acting, top-level research, highly committed lecturers and a successful transfer of knowledge and technologies into industry and society. We are dedicated to creating a family-friendly environment and advocate for equal opportunities.
Our core research areas are Mobility, Engineering for Health, Metrology, and the City of the Future. A strong focus is placed on engineering and the natural sciences, with a close link of our core disciplines to the economics, social and educational sciences as well as the humanities.
Our campus is located in the middle of one of Europe’s research hotspots, where we have established a successful working relationship—both with the more than 20 research facilities in our neighbourhood and our international partner universities.
What’s more to know
We welcome applicants of all nationalities. At the same time, we encourage people with severe disabilities to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference if they are equally qualified. Please attach a form of evidence of your handicap to your application. We are also working on the fulfilment of the Central Equality Plan based on the Lower Saxony Equal Rights Act (Niedersächsisches Gleichberechtigungsgesetz—NGG) and strive to reduce under-representation in all areas and positions as defined by the NGG. Therefore, applications from women are particularly welcome in this case.
The personal data will be stored for the purpose of processing the application. By submitting your application, you agree that your data may be stored and processed electronically for application purposes in compliance with the provisions of data protection law. Further information on data protection can be found in our data protection regulations at www.tu-braunschweig.de/datenschutzerklaerung-bewerbungen . Application costs cannot be reimbursed.
Questions and Answers
For more information, please call Meiko Steen on (0531) 391-9837.
Apply by 15 July 2023
Are you interested? Please send your application preferably via email to email@example.com
or via mail to
Technische Universität Braunschweig
Institut für Flugführung