The Research Training Group is based on the following pillars:
Specialized scientific knowledge
The PhD students broaden and deepen their scientific knowledge in their area of specialization by:
- attending lectures and seminars
- taking active part in colloquia and summer schools
- practicing in laboratories of other research institutions
- visiting congresses.
The PhD students improve their communication and presentation techniques and get expertise in knowledge transfer by:
- attending adequate training courses
- guiding students during practical courses.
Interdisciplinary competences / Soft skills
The PhD students can develop strategies and expertise for their scientific career. The main issues focus on:
- data management (statistics)
- project management
- scientific writing, publishing own research results
- writing proposals for grants and funds
- training for job application.