The main research areas are:
- Application-Specific Instruction-Set Processors, which includes high-performance processors, (ultra-)low-power processors, dynamically reconfigurable processors or fault-tolerant processors.
- Memory Systems, including specialized direct memory controllers or processing-in-memory architectures.
- Efficient hardware accelerators for FPGA and ASIC
- Electronic System-Level design tools for application-Specific HW/SW systems
- Software development tools (e.g. compiler backend, virtual prototyping, fast simulators)
- Hardware verification methods
The cooperation with industrial partners is of key importance for the C3E. We can supply the state-of-the-art technology, innovation, and expert knowledge for industry unresolved problems. The C3E offers individual consultation/training as well as technology transfer in the abovementioned research areas.