Technische Universität Braunschweig is a technical university with a rich tradition and a proven research and teaching profile. It has:
- A complete engineering branch covering architecture, civil and environmental engineering, electrical engineering, informatics and mechanical engineering;
- A strong natural sciences branch with an excellent professional network within TU Braunschweig;
- Business sciences, social sciences, humanities, educational sciences and subject-specific teaching skills, all of them well integrated into TU Braunschweig.
- All the departments contribute to defining the university’s focus.
TU Braunschweig is part of the TU9 group of leading technical universities in Germany, and for each of its core disciplines, the engineering subjects, it ranks among the top 9 universities in Germany.
TU Braunschweig focuses on the following strategic research fields:
- Infections and Therapeutics;
- Future City;
These are complemented and interlinked by various overarching topics.
- The focus areas are implemented through emerging interdisciplinary research centres in cooperation with non-university institutions and industry.
- TU Braunschweig’s fields of study should in general orientate research towards these three key fields. Top-level research, even if outside these fields, is explicitly encouraged.
- TU Braunschweig aims to make substantial contributions towards meeting the challenges that society faces in these areas. In this regard, it is a member of the group of top (German) technical universities.
- As a technical university, TU Braunschweig places its emphasis on the sciences and their development, distinguishing itself from universities that exclusively practice applied sciences.
- TU Braunschweig engages in knowledge transfers in the areas of technology transfers, start-up support, and further education.
- TU Braunschweig provides implementable innovations (through patents and more).
1 Motor vehicles, aerospace technology, railways, intermodal transport and traffic reduction.