This lecture is intended to develop the understanding of the essential processes and dependencies in the field of radio network planning. Knowledge of the required data and, particularly, of the used algorithms, models, and methods will be built.
- Propagation phenomena and their modelling
- Digital terrain data and their processing
- Propagation models
- Coverage planning
- General fundamentals in planning of cellular networks
- GSM radio network planning
- UMTS radio network planning
- Planning of OFDM-based networks
Lecturer: Prof. Thomas Kürner
Assistant: Bo Kum Jung M.Sc.