The Gauß-IT-Zentrum provides space in the machine rooms for servers of the institutes and facilities of the TU Braunschweig. This includes the power and network connection and, if necessary, the assignment of an IP address. The computer is procured by the requesting institution and administered remotely; direct access to the computer is only possible in exceptional cases together with an employee of the Gauß-IT-Zentrum.
Procedure of the customer
- Application to the Gauß-IT-Zentrum by the head or DP coordinator of the facility
- Information about power consumption and heat emission
- Delivery of the computer in agreement with the server department
- Use of an institute IP address or assignment of a central address by the Gauß-IT-Zentrum
- If necessary, additional naming of the contact person of the institution responsible for the operation with telephone and e-mail address
Boundary conditions and requirements
- The computer must be able to be installed in a 19" rack (delivery of installation material in consultation with the PC workshop). Material and installation costs are borne by the user.
- Larger computers or clusters require a special agreement that takes into account the required rack space as well as power supply and climate conditions.
- Installation is basically dependent on availability (space, climate, power)
- Costs for the necessary expansion of the infrastructure are to be borne by the user
- The assumption of follow-up costs (electricity, etc.) must be clarified with GB3 in each individual case.
Estimated time required
- Rough conception within 5 working days
- Implementation according to project scope
Contact by mail via: it-service-desk(at)tu-braunschweig.de