Graduate research assistant in the field of urban production (m/f/d)
The Technische Universität Braunschweig offers the following temporary (up to 48 Month) full-time position from August 1st 2021 for the
Institute of Maschine Tools and Production Technology
The interdisciplinary junior research group “Sustainable Cities – Urban Flows and Production” investigates production processes in urban environments with a holistic approach that takes current developments from the research disciplines urban planning, architecture, logistics, lifecycle engineering and production engineering into account to evaluate material and immaterial flows between urban factories and the surrounding urban environment.
Production of goods in an urban context offers the possibility for a closer customer relation creating individual products. Production in urban areas also offers the possibility for short logistic routes and the use of urban waste as raw material. Urban production can also cause conflicts between neighbors and producers, because urban space is limited. These possible conflicts and the demand for individualized products with smaller batch sizes result in several challenges, which can be addressed by the development of small, modular, incremental machining units.
To define, analyze and tackle these challenges, we are looking for a
Graduate research assistant (m/f/d) up to EG13 TV-L
- Researching approaches for flexible and modular production in an urban context
- Investigation of the impact of transformable production systems on urban flows
- You are currently finishing your master graduation in the field of mechanical engineering/mechatronical engineering/industrial engineering or you already have finished your graduation with extraordinary results
- Excellent English and/or German skills
- Quick comprehensions skills
- You have interest and ideally experience in:
- Machine tools and machining processes
- Factory design and intralogistics
- Life cycle assessment
- Possibility for a PhD promotion with good supervision
- Interdisciplinary research in a future-oriented field
- Freedom to fulfil your own research approaches
- Extraordinary research infrastructure
Payment depends on the assignment of tasks and fulfilment of personal requirements up to EG 13 TV-L. The Technische Universität Braunschweig has set itself the strategic goal of significantly increasing the proportion of women. Female scientists are therefore strongly encouraged to apply. Disabled persons with the same aptitude will be given preference. Proof must be enclosed. Applications from people of all nationalities are welcome. Personal data will be stored for the purposes of the application procedure.
Application costs including travel expenses cannot be reimbursed. Please understand that applications can only be returned against a self-addressed, sufficiently stamped envelope.
For further information, please contact Kolja Meyer.
Applications with the usual documents (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae in tabular form, copies of certificates, possibly a one-page sketch of possible project topics; please summarize in one file) should be sent by e-mail or by post to June 30th, 2021:
Institut für Werkzeugmaschinen und Fertigungstechnik
Langer Kamp 19 b
gültig bis: 30.06.2021