Before you leave Braunschweig at the end of your study period, you will need to complete a few important tasks. Make sure you leave enough time for your departure preparations. This checklist will advise you on when and what you have to consider.


weeks in advance
Transcript of Records

Apply for your Transcript of Records

Start to collect all of your course certificates and lists of grades. You can obtain these either directly from your professor or from the faculty's secretary. You can also ask your professor to fill in our form Course Certificate to confirm your grade. Make sure that the certificates you receive state the name of the course, your final grade, and the number of ECTS credits awarded for the course. Bring these certificates to the International Office two weeks prior to your departure. We will then issue you with your Transcript of Records.

If you do not have a complete set of grades prior to your departure, note the ones you are missing on the form Missing Course Certificates and present this together with the certificates you already received to the International Office. Ask your professors to send all missing grades to the International Office as soon as possible. Once we have all your certificates, we will issue your transcript and then send two copies to your home university. First of all, you will receive the pdf version by e-mail.

Important: We are unable to provide you with your Transcript of Records until you supply us with all your grades and certificates.

Additional Transcript of Records

TU Braunschweig demands service fees of 20€ plus shipping expenses for additional transcripts of records. The shipping costs depend on the currently applicable charges for international mail delivery or delivery by courier.



weeks in advance
Departure Sheet, enrolment and insurance policies

Collect your Departure Sheet

If you need proof of your study period in Braunschweig, please come to the International Office. We can issue you directly with a Departure Sheet.

Terminate your enrolment (Exmatrikulation)

Go to the Enrolment Office (Immatrikulationsamt) and cancel your enrolment (→ form) at TU Braunschweig.

Cancel your insurance policies

If you have a health insurance or a personal liability insurance policy in Braunschweig, you will need to cancel these before your departure to avoid any further payments being debited from your bank account.



week in advance
Bank account, municipal office, room

Close your bank account

Go to your bank and close your German bank account.

Deregistration from the City of Braunschweig

Go to the municipal office and deregister yourselve.

Hand over your room

Make an appointment with the Studentenwerk to hand over your room and get your deposit back.


to the top of the page