The Braunschweig University Library has set up a publication fund with the financial support of the German Research Foundation.
Since January, 1st 2017, Scientists of the TU Braunschweig have been able to apply for funding for publishing articles in Open Access journals.
We are working as usual. If you have any questions you can still contact us via email openaccess(at)tu-braunschweig.de
Due to the increasing restrictions caused by the Corona pandemic, invoice processing by the University library is only possible to a very limited extent and with a delay. Therefore, we currently recommend that all applicants pay the publisher's invoice themselves after receiving the confirmation of financing by the Publication Fund. Afterwards the invoice will be refunded by the University library.
Articles already funded by the Publication Fund since January, 1st 2017
Our FAQs - the most frequently asked questions about the Publication Fund
The article to be supported must meet the following requirements:
- The "Submitting Author" or "Corresponding Author" is a member of the TU Braunschweig
- The article is published in a "pure" Open Access journal, this means that all contributions are accessible to users free of charge via the Internet immediately after publishing.
- The journal should be listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals DOAJ (DOAJ).
- The journal is peer-reviewed.
- Please note: The publication fees may not exceed EUR 2,000 incl. VAT. ( equals 1,680 EUR net). If the publication fee exceeds EUR 2,000, please contact the Open Access team (openaccess(at)tu-braunschweig.de).
Not eligible for funding
- The ‘purchase’ of a single article from a subscription-based journal (Hybrid Journals, Open Choice Model).
- Publications from third-party-funded projects in which the third-party sponsor pays the article charge completely.