Advice for refugees

Your opportunities at TU Braunschweig
  • Have you already studied in your home country and would like to continue your studies now?
  • Do you have a school leaving qualification with which you can study and would like to start studying at TU Braunschweig?
  • Would you like to continue your academic work at TU Braunschweig?

Then arrange an consultation appointment with us!

Studying at TU Braunschweig

As a refugee, you can study at TU Braunschweig even if your asylum application has not yet been accepted or if you only hold a temporary residence permit. To study at our university, you need to have a school-leaving certificate qualifying you to study in your home country. Sometimes further qualifications are required. In addition, you must have sufficient knowledge of German, as almost all courses at TU Braunschweig are taught in German.

More information about our courses and application procedures

More information on German as a foreign language at TU Braunschweig

Studying in Lower Saxony: Information for Refugees

Here you will find more information about studying in Lower Saxony specifically for refugees.

Information for refugee researchers

You would like to continue your scientific career at the TU Braunschweig? Please send you CV to refugees(at) or make an appointment (online or in person). The Representative for Refugees at TU Braunschweig, Dr. Astrid Sebastian, will then bring you in contact with the relevant institutes and professors.

The Research Services and European Office address all questions related to national, international and European research funding for your future projects and grants (e.g. Georg-Forster grants, MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships etc).



The RefugeeGuide website contains many useful tips and information for life in Germany and is available in 16 languages.

Chance for Science

Chance for Science is a social network for refugees and scientists, academics and students living in Germany.


Representative for Refugees at TU Braunschweig

Dr. Astrid Sebastian


Advisory service
Anytime by appointment.

Current Changes
No news available.