I am interested in solving and modelling optimization problems hovering on the border between nonlinear and discrete optimization. These include, in particular,
- mixed-integer optimal control problems of switched systems,
- complexity and approximability of optimal control problems under different constraints and/or cost functions,
- properties and worst case performance as well as runtime estimates for approximation algorithms of mixed-integer optimal control problems,
- connections to model-predictive control,
- graph theoretic approaches for optimization problems on the border between nonlinear and discrete optimization.